Eric is joined by Don Queeney – a long time core volunteer for Wreaths Across America and the new Director, Transportation & Mobile Education Exhibit. With more than 35 years’ experience in the transportation industry, most notably as the founder and owner of Hampton Roads Moving & Storage based in Virginia, Don will lend his fleet management and industry expertise to the WAA Logistics Team and help prepare the organization for growth.
In this interview we cover:
- What is Wreaths Across America?
- How can carriers, professional driver and others in the transportation industry play a part in the mission?
- What lanes are you still in need of loads carried?
- What’s involved and what should drivers expect from participating in the mission?
- How do carriers, owner operators and driver sign up to volunteer?
This year, Wreaths Across America day is December 14, 2019. Each December on National Wreaths Across America Day, our mission to Remember, Honor and Teach is carried out by coordinating wreath-laying ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery, as well as at more than 1,600 additional locations in all 50 U.S. states, at sea and abroad.
To learn more, volunteer, or Sponsor Wreaths visit WreathsAcrossAmerica.org.